Monday, August 6, 2012

Dispatch Number 1

Foreign Bureau Headquarters
San Ramon - This is your foreign correspondent reporting from the hinterlands of Northern California. I am communicating to you from the foothills of the Devil's Mountain, known to the locals as Mount Diablo. I will be reporting on the the Wild, Wild World of Northern California SCBWI action.

Mt. Diablo Transmitter
Item: The SF North & East Bay Region is holding the SCBWI Fall Conference called Autumn Leaves: Color Your Passion, October 20, 2012 at Preservation Park in beautiful Oakland, CA.* 

This reporter will be in attendance to cover the action, and bring the light and the life that is The Pen And Ink Blogspot to the uninitiated.

*Birthplace of this foreign correspondent

12 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your in-depth briefings.

    BOOKS for KIDS - Manuscript Critiques
    http://www.margotfinke.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot. I thought your post on How the Bible Beget the Internet was hilarious. I couldn't use your comment form, but I did tweet and Facebook it. I wish you would consider turning off word guard.

      Delete
    2. "And Lo, In the Beginning there was the IP Address and it was confusing."
      Book of Bit 01:0010

      Delete
  2. Hi Lupe and Susan, et al, I'm going to the Oakland, SCBWI's SF Autumn Leaves conference, too. And Mt. Diablo has always been my mountain, but I'm happy to share. We scattered my father's ashes there in March 2009, over the valley he loved and where I grew up in Concord, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Penelope,
      As I grew up in Hayward, Mt. Diablo loomed large in my imagination and in my current bedroom window.
      Sincerely,
      Million Dollar Comment

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Define safely. I challenged the Yuba river rapids and lived to tell about it.
      Sincerely,
      Inner Tube

      Delete

We love hearing from you.