During many a SCBWI conference or workshop, the audience is advised to use comparative titles when pitching their manuscript, such as Harry Potter meets Dr. Seuss or Curious George meets Twilight.
Here in the vast wilderness of the Northern Hinderlands, I have created a few modest comparative titles for future query letter.
- Good Night Moon meets Apollo 13 (The Lost Moon)
- The Story of Ferdinand meets The Jungle
- Curious George meets Gorilla's in the Mist
- Clic Clac Moo meets Animal Farm
- Polar Express meets The Endurance: Shackleton's Legendary Antarctic Expedition
- A Wrinkle in Time meets Gone with The Wind
- The Lightning Thief meets Like Water for Chocolate
- Ella Enchanted meets The Handmaid's Tale
- Charlotte's Web meets Pride and Prejudice
- The Borrowers meets Atlas Shrugged
- The Hobbit meets Valley of the Dolls
- Lord of the Flies meets The Scarlet Letter
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants meets The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Vampire Academy meets Fast Food Nation
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth meets Anna Karenina
Do you have any?
Care to share?
If you dare...