Monday, December 19, 2016

 Twas The Night for Readers


                                                  by Susan J Berger
Merry ChrisKwanzakkuh.
I am visiting friends in Oregon till Tuesday and Bailey, their dog, showed an interest in my book. So I thought I would use him as one of the illustrations for my Christmas poem.


 Twas The Night.

                                                 

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house,

Each creature was reading. Yes, even the mouse.

In a nest made of cotton that used to line pills,

he read Mouseman Saves Christmas and shivered with thrills.


 Miss Padpaws turned pages of  Elf off A Shelf 

And purred as she read it aloud to herself.

Bad Dog, on the hearth, was devouring a book.

He'd chewed up five chapters and turned them to gook.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

reading books, with the covers pulled over their heads.


Mamá was engrossed in her latest romance.

I nodded o'er Dickens and fell into trance.


Not one of us heard jingle bells on the roof.

No prancing and pawing of each tiny hoof.

Santa slid down the chimney and only Bad Dog, 

looked up and woofed softly at the man on the log.

 

"Good Bad Dog," said Santa, and opened his pack.

He pulled out a bushel of books from his sack.

Picture books, YA, some Midgrades for Simon,

Thrillers, romances and even Neil Gaiman.


Geronimo Stilton, he gave to the mouse.

A copy of Archie, he left for the louse


Miss Padpaws got Pout Pout Fish wearing a cap.


For Bad Dog, a book with a cake book on the flap.

 He filled every stocking with poems and prose.

Then ate all the cookies; brushed crumbs from his clothes.

 

On Prancer! On Dancer!"  Sleigh bells jingled bright.

"Happy Reading to All and to All a Good Night".



3 comments:

  1. Hi I am author Benjamin Boyd. I would love it if you could do a review on my book The Adventures of Kid Humpty Dumpty. I think you and your reader would enjoy it. I will gladly provide you with a copy for your honest review. You can get a preview of my book on amazon.com. If you are interest please contact me at bjessieb2@yahoo.com. Thank You for your time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am author Benjamin Boyd. I would love it if you could do a review on my book The Adventures of Kid Humpty Dumpty. I think you and your reader would enjoy it. I will gladly provide you with a copy for your honest review. You can get a preview of my book on amazon.com. If you are interest please contact me at bjessieb2@yahoo.com. Thank You for your time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable poem! Thanks for sharing and Merry ChrissKwanzakkuh!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you.