Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving


 by Susan J Berger

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

I wish you a day of remembering the good things in your life. A day free from worrying about all the things that may be making you fearful about your future. About our future.
I plan to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, go see Fantastic Beasts and maybe top off the evening with pumpkin pie and Miracle on 34th Street.
I will not be watching the news.
 
There are so many thanksgiving books for children to choose from, Here are a few. You will note I've decided to emphasize turkeys. That word has been coming up a lot in my head.

I am grateful for so many things. My children and grandchildren, the rain currently falling outside my warm and safe house, the turkey reposing in my refrigerator, the current book I'm reading and the pile of books waiting for me to read. And for the books I will be adding to my TBR pile, some of them not yet published.
I am grateful for family and friends and laughter. For the wonderful acting jobs I've had this year and the ones yet to come.
I could go on for a long time.
I am truly grateful for indoor plumbing and warm blankets and a comfy armchair. For the glass of wine I plan to have when I finish this post. And for the washing machine in which I am about to immerse my laundry.
I am grateful for the times I manage to sit down at the computer and get words on paper. I am REALLY grateful for my computer. If I had to hand-write this stuff, it would never see the light of day. And I am so grateful for my critique groups.
 
I emailed Hilde and Lupe and asked for three things they were grateful for. I didn't want t o overwhelm them. Hilde replied. My health. My husband. My kids.

And my dog, Buddy.
Lupe replied My wife. My step-daughters. My cats.
Right at this moment, what are you grateful for?
PS if you have a favorite Thanksgiving book, please mention that in comments too. I have grandchildren to collect for.
 

 
 


2 comments:

  1. How can anyone choose only three things? I have hundreds to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post.
    I'm so very grateful for health which keeps by body active, thankful for my work, which keeps my mind alert, and appreciative of my many connections & relationships which help me stay centered, feel loved, & appreciated. Blessings to one and all. (And now back to chopping, measuring, mixing, etc.)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you.